Wednesday, November 08, 2006

First Friday

I went on another trip to San Antonio this past weekend. Here are the pics from Friday... They are in random order (it makes it easier for me to post'em)
Above: Some nice trail art for joggers at the Brackenridge park...
Below: First Friday apparently happens every "First Friday" of the month... We accidently came across this while geocaching at night haha, but nonetheless was a very interesting crowd AND intereresting art!
"YES this is a trashcan with art just oozing out of it!"

Below: Aother random art sign...

Below: There is a shop there called "The Bike Shop" there are mostly cruisers and they had them displayed at the front! That is a balloon shaped into a bike.... it reminds me of "Wedding Crashers"

Above: This isn't for me, but it still makes me laugh... some random guy said that I needed it.
Below: A huge centipede? or milipede? one of those pedes running across the rocks at the Japanese Tea Garden.. although it is still under construction it is still a beautiful place to check out!
Below: First Friday also had a lot of bands and dancers out!
These are the pictures from Friday I'll post some more later on from Saturday.


13 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

That centipede brings me back to the arcade days. I want to start firing laser shots at it!!!

Allez said...

Milipedes can secreet (spit or pee?) some toxin that can make you go blind. At least that's what a guide told me on a nature hike a few years back. Did you use your zoom for that picture?

Lance Notstrong said...

So what you are saying Allez is DO NOT drink the milipede pee? :-)

IronGambit said...

no zoom...
I just held it really close up!

Allez said...

I guess you can drink it, just don't get it in your eyes!

Anonymous said...

Watch out for Scorpions too. I had to kill one that was going to sting me. They can kill. That is all neat.

Anonymous said...

Did you know that the Albino Scorpion can kill ? They are fast so if you come across one you should kill it or step on it fast. I used a wood shoe. You should get a snake bike kit for those bugs and other things. You can keep it in your car or back pack to prevent instant death along with an emergency kit. Have a great rest of the week. The nuts and Jack ass crew.

IronGambit said...

I guess that I am lucky that it didn't spit or pee on me huh? :)

Allez said...

That's what I was getting at! Stay away and use the zoom!

All these comments are like online Animal Planet :-)

Does anyone else have to do the word verification several times because they can't read all the letters???

IronGambit said...

I would use the zoom... I just don't like the quality of the photo :( I actually have to reduce each picture by 1/2 before I post them to make them smaller!

Lance Notstrong said...

I have to do it several times Allez but it's because I have pee in my eyes!!!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of safety have you tried the Amerityre flatfree bike tires?They are cool black or yellow plus last a long time. You may want to try them. If so go to www.amerityre.com. I use them. Be careful and have a great weekend. Don't get pissed on or stung by anything or anybody. From the Nuts

IronGambit said...

actually those tires are not that safe... they'll come right off the rim during a hard bank while Mtb'ing! But thanks for the cool link!