Sunday, November 27, 2005

I am "tired" of Flats!

I did not get a ride in on Saturday because it was still raining when I woke up at 5.5 in the morning... I was able to attend the TeamMcAllen BBQ. Of course it was another successful event there truly is a lot of hard work put into these things and it shows!
On Sunday I was able to ride with the team. Not the biggest show for the fast riders, I think I counted 12 at the start. As I was about to pull into Anzulduas Park one of our meeting spots on Sunday, I felt my back wheel bouncing again! "YES, I jumped in the S.A.G." I did have a spare tube but I knew that it had to be my rim strip and if I put it in again I wondered if I would make it home! The worst part was that I was now 20 miles away from home since I had ridden my bike to the team ride... again I was fortunate enough that my dad went out and he gave me a ride home, I did have a lot of offers to help though "rides home and tubes" :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that sure is nice that you had that SAG Van, there has been many a time when I have been stranded and had to wait like 30 minutes for someone to pick me up. luckily there has always been someone around to come and get me but hey that is just the things that come with being an avid rider right?

IronGambit said...

yeah that wait seems "forever" but I rarely get flats... it's very discouraging! :(

Anonymous said...

hehe . . .

IronGambit said...

Hey Ed! good to see you on Sunday!!! :)

Anonymous said...

u 2, hey no one invited me to a bbq on sat :(

IronGambit said...

haha it was on the webpage!!! :)

Anonymous said...

if you had invited me to the bbq, i could have helped with the flat.
or at least i would have given you a ride home, ha ha!! Gisela

IronGambit said...

Yeah, but you had your girlie thing to do! :)