Monday, September 11, 2006

5k Run

I was super busy this weekend! I took a lot of pictures but here is a preview of what I had originally gone out for. I have been focusing on my running lately since this is my weak point and as I mentioned in an earlier post I found a 5k run just to kind of see where we are at right now.
This was at the race start right before the race started.
I like to show up to races like this because this is not my "territory" I still run for fun haha, so if I bring something home I'm cool with that ;)
We always feel like we have done everything that we can for the race until the race starts. Maybe I should say until the pain starts, we begin to think to ourselves why didn't I run an extra mile that day, push myself harder, ate healthier, and or even slept in that day when I should have been out running like the guy that's infront of me right now.
While out on the course I had this very annoying guy that would run past me really fast and then pull over to the side and begin to walk... I would just keep my pace, and then I would hear someone running behind me as fast as he could and then pull over to the side and walk. This type of action was repeated through out the WHOLE race, now talk about annoying!!!
I actually got to sprint him to the finish line, which was fun because it seems like any event that I do I always finish without anyone near me, so I have been accustomed to "Cruising" it in.

This was the results after the race. The smaller trophy is second place for my category... and the bigger trophy is first place for my girlfriends category!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey congrats steve and char.. good job!

:) said...

What were your times?

Congrats!

IronGambit said...

26 for me and 27 for my g.f. I know that's not "great" but it was enough to bring home some hardware!

Anonymous said...

That's great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Steve and Charolette!!!!

LZ

IronGambit said...

"LZ" Landing Zone? ;)