Thursday, February 15, 2007

Not so Warm...

Well, I am finally back home... tired of being sick and tired of the cold. It's basically the same temperature here as it was up in Dallas, the good part is that I am feeling a hell of a lot better than I was just yesterday! Go figure that I would "after" I leave huh?
So... what's the deal with planes calling their bathrooms lavatory's? I can probably understand the international flights, but what about just the U.S. ones, they still call it the lavatory... I am obviously used to it now but when I first started flying that was kinda confusing!
IronGambit.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Allez said...

I like your new banner

IronGambit said...

thanks :)

Kin said...

Originally they were BATHrooms, but there was only enough hot water in the heater for about four or five people to take a bath and then all the other passengers complained about the cold water. Then back in the 1970s, with the fuel shortages, airlines found that removing the bath tubs and water heaters saved weight and allowed for more passenger seats. They kept the toliets and wash basins and changed the name to Lavatory.
Hope that answers your question. :)