Sunday, April 26, 2009

Last Minute

I decided less than 12 hours before the Rock & Roll Nashville Marathon that I was going to participate! :)

I guess it's not that unusual for me anymore :)

There was a tragedy on the course this year, he crossed the finish line right behind me and then collapsed, we all obviously don't know the entire story, but all I can say is if you are not finishing first it's not worth it to push your body to such extremes. I see people collapsing and puking all the time since I followed marathons around the US.

In reality the HARSH reality, no one cares about your time except for you, do the events for fun, and be there for the crowd, the excitement and the environment.

I am obviously not the best example, but everyone should get checked up, with all the lay offs and slow economy marathons and half marathons are filling up left and right, and I COMPLETELY
encourage it, but I also encourage safety !

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=10249198

1 comment:

O. Almaguer said...

hey cabron the video on cancer was pretty powerful stuff man. anyway, i'm gonna do the childrens' cancer ride this year. let me know when you're coming down.