Monday, September 12, 2005

The Five Emotions of Getting Dropped:

1. DENIAL --- "I'm not getting dropped. It's just a little gap and I can catch up, no problem".
2. ANGER --- "I can't believe they're dropping me! Oh, they're going to pay for this, when I catch them."
3. BARGAINING --- "Please God, give them a head wind or a traffic light to make them stop or slow down, and I promise to spend tomorrow playing with the kids."
4. DEPRESSION --- "I'm not any good at cycling. I should sell my bike and start playing golf. I don't think my cycling buddies like me anymore."

5. ACCEPTANCE --- "Ok. I'm dropped. Guess I had better just enjoy the ride. It would have been fun riding with them, but maybe I'll catch them at the next rest stop or even meet some new friends."
Thanks to KinCannondale from www.BikeJournal.com for his cycling humor!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn it's true that is exactly what i go through when i get dropped. WIERD

IronGambit said...

hahah!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IronGambit said...

I like the denial one the best!

Anonymous said...

That's funny.... I took up cycling because I sucked at golf! Guess I'll have to take up bowling now, since I can't go back to golf!

IronGambit said...

haha now that's funny! I bet that you would be a great bowler too!

jimmywill said...

yo-
nothing happened to my website...i don't think...something up?

Anonymous said...

Don't knock golf... it's pretty hard too. It's just not dependent upon physical fitness. But Steve, you always have to ride with somebody, so if you play golf, you'll have to play with a group, then they will all try to take your money, and then instead of spending tons on bicycle equipment, you'll spend as much if not more on golf equip., and you'll owe all your buddies dinero too. I should know, I used to play golf before cycling. (Sorry for the novel, but I'm bored waiting for my class to start.)

IronGambit said...

ha... your probably right Jeff!
and for Jimmy it WAS messed up and Maigh saw it too! I bet you just reset the template before you posted this! haha ! :)

Anonymous said...

You know Steve the first thing that i do when i get to work every morning is pull up your blog to see what cool new pics you got man. So come on buddy where are the new pics.

just kidding i guess your busy

IronGambit said...

haha yeah I am going to put something but this week has been INSAINLY BUSY!
so are you going to ride with the team on Saturday??? so I can put you on my web log? :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry dude i already promised harold that I would ride with him on Saturday morning, looks like we will have to wait till the next Saturday to get on the log

IronGambit said...

:(
alright! well I won't be posting any pics of you!

Kin said...

I got dropped twice this weekend. ... and I used to play golf.