Sunday, January 29, 2006

Lance Armstrong's War (review)

Well I FINALLY finished the book Lance Armstrong's War. I read it on the way up to the race and back... I guess with my father driving that helps pass the time huh? After reading the book and I know that this might upset a few people, but I feel that he may not use EPO specifically, but he has to be using some type of performance enhancing drug. The book basically seems like a self-defense of the book made in France L.A.Confidential that you will never see in the states. I do believe that everyone is on something so that kinda even out's the playing field.
My dad and I rode 27 miles on Saturday which was good because I hadn't stretched out since "The Dirty Dozen" and then I rode 40. something with the team today. I was thinking about the Dirty Dozen and the place that we got, I know that my teammate was a little upset with 11th... but I think that it is really good. 1st it was an open category race, 2rd only racers go to races, and 3rd no one was there for second place. So I am truly satisfied with 11th out of 21 teams :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you post the results or the link to the race...
I'll probably go check it out now anyway.

Congradulations to you and James, Rick, and Padgett.

Keep it up, and next year......
13 Laps, or a lot by yourself (not really sure how many that is.)

Anonymous said...

hey, you and your father are passing my favorite piss stop, the orange grove on North Conway.

My other one is the little half entrance to a field in front of the school and construction office on Ware between 107 and Monte Cristo (I always feel guilty about that one though cause I can imagine the kids looking out the window and seeing me free willy.)

Anonymous said...

just looked at the results

did you get your flat on the last lap? looks like yall could have gotten 10th if it wasn't for that...

IronGambit said...

No the last lap, I checked in went to use the restroom, stretched, drank a whole water bottle, a banana & some food before I left! :) The most important part was the checking in to secure the last lap :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the placing Steve you did your best and no one can ask anymore from you. so congrats again and don't feel bad at all.

IronGambit said...

No I don't, I think James does more than me... I didn't hardly even ride or train for this race so I am happy hahah :)

Anonymous said...

yeah man I agree with aron . .i thought u did good!

-ed