Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Team #116

There is a lot that I want to write about the race and what it takes physically and mentally to prepare yourself for something that you are not prepared for :) MTB'ing is a sport that you have no choice but to expect the unexpected. Our goal for the race was to finish with a dozen laps... and that was met. I spent the last lap in the rain and tempatures dropped a lot too. James and I both suffered from flats and made us loose about 30 minutes of time together. My father drove the team van up to the race and back, he also walked our bikes for every transition, cleaned them while we rested, made sure that we were fed, took most of the video, rode his MTB back and forth to update James and I were we were, put my lights on for the night, pushed me when I was willing to quit, & did it all with a smile.
The video is mostly the trip up and preparations for the race, I do not have a helmet cam so there are no "action" shots ;) either way enjoy!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great video Steve, I see that you guys actually got to go down the Gass Pass this year!!! Must be nice. Congrats on meeting your goal too buddy.

IronGambit said...

Thanks... I am still hurting, for some reason everyone else seems to be fine already haha :)
http://www.terrafirmapromo.com/dirtyresults2006.htm

Anonymous said...

hehehe Good job Mr. Cepeda You must come out with us this weekend to the trails . . should be nice and packed!! WOOHOO

IronGambit said...

haha you noticed that they spelled my last name incorrectly! :( haha

Anonymous said...

great video, steve. hopefully, next year i will be able to take video from the suspended bridge and other parts of the trail.

IronGambit said...

Next year!? :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha!! Thats what I told padgett when he asked "you gonna go for 11 next year" i was like "NEXT YEAR?? WTF??"

IronGambit said...

hahah I don't truly feel that I was prepared last year... I felt even LESS prepared this year, so that means that I'll do it again next year! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats stevo y jamesies! and good video Mr. Zepeda!

just one question....

I've read about people walking horses after a horserace so they don't get cramps or injuries, but you had your dad walking your bikes during the transitions.....COME ON MAN, that's just RIDICULOUS!!!

IronGambit said...

ok next time... you get to race against me, and you get to walk your own bike during each transition ;)

Anonymous said...

Great Video Steve!!
Great job!!

IronGambit said...

Thanks padgett ;)