Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Resolution!

New Years Resolution

I'm sick and tired of people "pretending" that
the beginning of a New Year will influence their lives.
I hear people day in and day out these past two
weeks saying that they will begin "running" "cycling"
"change their diets" or what not, but FIRST they
are going to eat as much as they want until Dec 1st.
I say if you aren't doing it NOW, then a New Years
resolution won't make a difference, it'll be like
the year before and year before that with only broken
promises.
As adults why do we continue to lie to ourselves?
Being healthy and losing weight is a way of life,
and that first step and that first pedal has to begin
when you want for it to begin.  So go out there and
ride your bike!  Go put on your running shoes! and
stop making excuses on why NOT to be healthy and
make excuses to go out there and enjoy your life!



Here is a poem that I found online:

sweating under the setting sun
breathing hard, almost done
just a little longer, just keep going
my obvious pain must be showing
muscles screaming, tendons protest
knee joints aching, needing a rest
my legs, they argue wiht my brain
this is too far!  are you insane?!
and yet they persist, following orders
on the brink of heat exhaustion my condition borders
youre almost there, you can make it
dont slow down, you can take it
sweating under the setting sun
breathing hard, finally done



Finally, it looks like a got a late Christmas present but I told my buddies at Reebok that my shoes were dirty from the Honolulu Marathon, I asked if I should wash them outside with a hose or just toss them in the washing machine.  His response was don't through them in the washing machine!  I'll just send you some more shoes.  I am NOT going to argue with that!   :)
I have run 113 miles this month and to be honest I probably took a week and a half off, so I am kinda proud of that!

Blogged with Flock

No comments: