Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bikes Belong Coalition

Yesterday was a pretty busy day for me, running around taking care of paperwork, reports, deposits, recaps, etc...
But MR. Shimano called me up because he just happened to be in Boulder, CO the same time as myself.
We met up for coffee off of Pearl St.  The reason behind that was to meet a good friend of his Tim Blumenthal.  Tim is the Executive Director for Bike Belong Coalition.  They have a beautiful mission and their goals will match anyone who is already a cyclist!
MR. Shimano also hooked me up with a Shimano calendar, he told me that he only brings about 150 to the states for friends and family, so to say that I feel privileged would be an understatement!
Bike Coalition also hooked me up with some swag!

I am at my hotel right now with the maids banging at my door! So I will probably hang around town for a bit, and then take off to San Diego, Cali.  I hope the weather is perfect to run a full Marathon this weekend!

6 comments:

teacherwoman said...

You're running a full marathon this weekend? Crap! Good luck! Enjoy Cali... I have never been.

Mindy said...

San Diego is beautiful this time of year....cloudy & breezy! glad you got to see Mr. Shimano again, and meet his friend. Very cool mission. Have fun, good luck on your marathon. I've actually been biking a lot this week, hope to keep it up. =)

IronGambit said...

TW: I know, I will probably regret that decision!

MelindaJo: you BETTER ride your bike! It makes me sad that I can't and you can! :(

jahowie said...

Good luck on your run this weekend!!

331 Miles said...

Have a good marathon!

IronGambit said...

man, what am I thinking!?