Friday, May 09, 2008

What MORE do you want?

So, I've been up a little past 4.5am in the morning… 

I had to drop my better half at the airport.  I got online and basically have just been web surfing and almost doing nothing productive, especially since my companies e-mail site is down (again.)  But at least I turned in my payroll roll last night :)

And as i sit here in my Caribbean Hotel Resort, I am skimming through my scheduled events for the year.  I wonder to myself where did the time go already?  How could I have done this many events this fast?  Not to mention that it feels like the year just barely begun!  This weekend is when I "officially" started my tour last year, and the life of living on the road. 
Yes, I did a lot of other special events (NASCAR) but that wasn't mine.  The Endurance Tour is mine, and out of the three other guys that I worked with last year, I seem to be the only one left.  Only one of the guys last year was a true runner, it seems this year that I received the running bug.  As I like to push my body and push my limits, either to wow myself or to wow others, I do tend to miss the bike a lot.  (Back in the day) there was obviously more passion and focus when it came to cycling, than It has when it comes to running.  With running I sometimes feel like I do it just as filler when there is nothing else to do.  I do need to do some long runs the next two weeks though, because of the San Diego Marathon that I am going to do, it is coming up VERY soon!  But, when it came to cycling, that was something that I would dream of and wanted to do!  I don't know if it was the speeds, the silent hum of the hub, or the distances covered in such a short amount of time?  But this year, one of my goals is to attempt to combine my recent discovery of distance running, and my love, my passion, my movement for cycling, as my focus is to buy a time trial bike.  I have no bike that I am drueling over right now, but I am sure that it will match my character when I purchase it in 2009. 
Life is good, goals are good.

9 comments:

Eduardo Arguelles said...

the great thing about the bike is that it doesn't judge you! whether or not you ride it or not, it's always happy when you do..

besides man, all the travelling you've been doing is giving you a lifetime of lessons that very few peeps get. and if all else.. at least you're not aron!

IronGambit said...

dude you are completely right. At least I'm not aron, that's probably the most productive words I have heard in a looooong time. Thanks! :)

teacherwoman said...

Goals are good!

331 Miles said...

I'm impressed that you will try to pick up cycling again, especially since you seem to be traveling 100% of the time. I have to ask -- why a time trial bike?

teacherwoman said...

Share some good music with me then! :)

IronGambit said...

WHEN I am home.. .about once every two weeks, I can do some cycling. I want a time trial / triathlon bike for duathlons or any type of cycling events that are not team related :(

teacherwoman said...

Okay. I pretty much like ANY kind of music. As long as it is up beat and has a good rhythm. Pop, rock, R&B, hip hop, country, jazz ... etc...

Ross said...

Mr. Stephen ... I look forward to going kayaking with you at some point this summer.

IronGambit said...

I am not going if there are naked dudes where YOU kayak at!