Thursday, June 04, 2009

When a Crocodile Eats the Sun

I have finally finished this book!
I have had this book for several months and it has followed me around from Europe and back, which I never finished until now.
I don't know what took me so long, as I have been pretty busy traveling a lot plus my job, running, and moving into Chicago took up a lot of my time. I have STILL had this before BEFORE all of that chaos!

Either way, the book is complete.
Now for the review:

At first the book started off kind of too dry for my taste or likes, but I had just come from reading several amazing reads and this book had A LOT of competition to be compared to!
So only into the last 25 percent of the book for "me" again, did I find it to be worth it. The ending is very sad, and pretty much the entire book is very sad. It makes you realize what we take for granted, and the resources that we have in America vs Africa.
The book called "When a Crocodile Eats the Sun" means, that when there is a Solar Eclipse, that the Gods are mad and that's why a crocodile eats the sun at this time.

What I did really enjoy was the way that the writer described things in his books, whether it be a persons hand, face, their town, cars, or cities, I really liked his examples to make you feel like you were part of the book!

I have made several more book purchases while I was in Phoenix, AZ. I will let you know when I start my next read soon ! ;)

When a Crocodile Eats the Sun on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

No comments: