Sunday, March 30, 2008

ING Atlanta Marathon

So I ran another half marathon, this is my second half for the year.  It has been a lot of fun traveling all over the U.S. checking events off one by one.

  • Atlanta Half Marathon 13.1 miles
  • New Orleans Crescent City Classics 10k
  • Virginia Beach Shamrock 8k
  • Florida River Gate Run 15k

Next weekend I am flying out to California for the Carlsbad 5000.  This is probably one of the most famous 5k’s in the United States.  I may or may not  to participate  in this event  to see if my counter partner wants to have some fun also!

ATL Marathon 083.jpg

I do not know what future runs that I am going to do or not do.  I do know that I want to take advantage of the position that I am right now, and it has been (so far so good.)  I love all of the people that I meet and my new friends that I make across the nation.


Today as I ran 13.1 miles, I have to admit that it was oddly eccentric to have people on the course cheer me on in this foreign neighborhood. (foreign to me) and it was a pleasant/different/nice experience for me.  Those people were either friends (maigh)(Saturn Crew)(SPIBelt)(Mizuno)(The Stick) or just my customers that yell at me that recognized me from the expo.  See you guys in California in a couple of days...

5 comments:

Maigh said...

Where's the video of the lady in the cape?

Action shot: http://tinyurl.com/34897w

jahowie said...

Very cool!! 61 more days until I take the HM challenge. It's great that you get to meet so many people during your travels.

teacherwoman said...

Nice job, Stephen! :)

331 Miles said...

You riding east on Military at ~6pm? Think I saw ya on my way home. Looked awful windy.

IronGambit said...

yeah that was me... why didn't you jump in?