Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Lost Book

After Canada we left at midnight and drove straight into the Tacoma / Seattle airport.  I arrived early to the airport around four in the morning to catch my six o'clock flight.  While checking in, my rental that originally was going to be only 200 plus for the weekend was now 600 plus!
As you can imagine I was pretty upset and to say the least, I was a bit sidetracked.  Well with all of the above, lack of sleep, hustle and bustle, plus the extra unpredicted stress... I left my book in the rental car.
I have not had it for a week almost and was feeling pretty down that I did know the end of the story.  I hate hate HATE to do this, but I went to the Barnes and Noble in the downtown Chicago area and purchased a new copy of the exact same book!
At least this time I wasn't buying it in Euros!
I'll let you know the name of the book after I am done reading it (or you can take a peek on the right hand side).  Hopefully when I am in Virginia Beach I'll kill a couple of good chapters while the waves crash in front of me, and the eagles, I mean "seagulls" hover above me!   ;)

2 comments:

jahowie said...

Enjoy the waves my friend!! I hope that you find time to do some reading.

IronGambit said...

You know as soon as I try to read, that I will not be able to right? :)