Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Snakes... Running... & Bikes! "oh MY"

Yesterday after I finished my morning ride I went to my back yard to go bring the trash can from the back to the front... to my surprise, on my back patio was sitting a small snake! People who know me, know that I hate snakes! small, medium, or big. I used to care about snakes from watching animal planet and all those shows like the Crocodile Hunter. But ever since I kept running into rattlesnakes out on their territory while mountain biking, well... let's just say that I now have a new found respect for that type of reptile.


Today I did NOT ride in the morning :(

I was unable to ride because I had a Health Fair to attend, but that's ok I went for a jog 1.5 miles in 12 minutes, I don't know if that is good or not so someone leave a comment and let me know. In the afternoon though, my friend Jeff called me up and reminded me that I didn't ride in the morning so that I could ride in the afternoon ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's the dude with the time trial bars?

Man you should have ridden yesterday afternoon the wind was killer - at some points all i could pull off was 14mph

IronGambit said...

I saw you riding "without your helmet!!" and your BP jersey! you looked like you were riding pretty hard?
The guy with with the time trial bar is Jeff
and I DID ride in the afternoon!! about 20miles on Monte Cristo Rd.

Anonymous said...

Jeff has a cervelo time trial bike? And i know about the helmet thing but it is just so hot outside in the afternoon.

IronGambit said...

Did you know that a lot of the helmets are designed to capture more air now? So in reality it is almost "cooler" to ride w. a helmet than without one! :)
He just got the bike... you like it?? :)

Anonymous said...

The bike is sweet but why a time trial, Ah who am I kidding I would want one too. Actually I would think that you still catch the most amount of air by not wearing a helmet at all.

IronGambit said...

your probably right about the air thing! it's just what I hear... but since your a Mountain Biker I figure you would understand safety even more.

IronGambit said...

yup! :)
if you look at the top shadow of the picture that shows more of my bike... you can see my arm curved out to get the shot! ;)

Anonymous said...

aaron,
thanks for the compliment.
i got the bike for triathlons, but i guess it is a tt bike also....

it's a nice ride, and that was it's maiden voyage. I'm looking to sell my Specialized because it's the wrong size

also, how could you tell it's a cervelo, you must have good eyes