Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Weekend Off

I actually had a weekend off!
I pretty much did not do anything less than next to being a bum all day. I do find it difficult to go from full speed ahead to zero in 2.3 seconds, or something like that.
A lot of people never know that I am in town in the first place, so for awhile I kinda find myself sitting in my house not doing anything.
I try to read, but become distracted. I'll go for a jog, but this Texas heat steals my breathe. So if I decide to sleep in and not run early in the morning, then there goes that opportunity. I do the obvious (geocaching) with friends and family, which is good since I never get to see my family!

Anyway. I am already beginning my work week and I am flying out to Chicago right now. To finish off at Duluth, MN. I'll take pics and let you know how that Marathon goes.
Oh yeah,
I began to read a book called "Into the Wild"
I am more than half way through and probably should be finishing up very soon.
Here is a quote from the book....
"Because we are cable of dieing, is what makes life so beautiful"
In all honesty, I think I misquoted it... but it is something of that aspect. I think you get the jist! ;)



Crocs - Events

2 comments:

331 Miles said...

Great book. I found his decisions and the final outcome very frustrating. Oh yeah -- the movie is good too.

IronGambit said...

I am waiting to finish before I watch the movie! I almost jumped the gun this weekend when I saw it on sale! :)