Friday, June 06, 2008

San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon Photos

San Diego FULL Marathon 124.JPG
San Diego FULL Marathon 126.JPG
Bobby Overton, ran/walked with me most of the way.  I had excellent field support also!

From the wise words of my good friend Patrick (The Stick Guy) talking to my g.f.
"The reason I like Stephen, is because he is not afraid to try something new"
What he meant by that, is that I am probably a big dummy for running yet another marathon without training  again!   :(     He was one of the large factors that peer pressured me into running the Honolulu Marathon 6 months ago.

I will be heading out to Austin early in the morning tomorrow.  I might take my MTB with me and probably hit some of the local trails, this of course is all depending on my free time!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

7 comments:

331 Miles said...

Congrats on finishing the marathon. I've started running to cross train, so might post a thing or two later. You should take your road bike to Austin and do the 'Dam Loop'. Let me know if you want details...

jahowie said...

Again, Congrats!! Did you say free time?!?! What's that? :-)

teacherwoman said...

I would be dead if I ran a marathon without training. Nice job.

IronGambit said...

thanks guys! I decided not to bring my bike after all because of Jowhies comment! j.k :)

Kin said...

Congratulations! Great to see someone else who just goes out and does it without all that training stuff. :)

IronGambit said...

What's that? :) it's so impossible to use the T word while living a life out of hotels and airports!

teacherwoman said...

Yeah, probably don't feel quite comfortable with the idea of riding in the rain. I know someone who ended up in an accident in a similar weather situation (hit by a car though) and had TBI. yuck... Thanks for the info just in case I do join the group and it sprinkles or rains later in the ride.