Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm not in Kansas Anymore Toto...

OK actually I am in Kansas right now... I am in Wichita, Kansas to be exact. It has been a really super busy week!
There are several combinations of picture through out the week. A lot of the pictures are from Arizona and Texas. In no particular order!
Remember ALL of my pictures are clickable to enlarge!

Below: Another nice night shot...



Below are pictures of the "Oasis Restaurant" in Austin... it is a pretty big hot spot and is mainly known for it's cliffs and view of the sunset, at least that's their whole niche!
Below: VERY color coordinated!

Below: When in Austin... we ate at a restaurant called the "Mellow Mushroom"
Below: One of the two lines for the Danskin line up for the expo!
Below: The pool at the "Double Tree" that we stayed at next to the State Capital.
Below: Welcome to Austin! haha

Below: When driving from Arizona to Texas, there are a lot of billboards saying "The Thing" well basically I was dared to go see it and I "yeah" I did it! But I am saving everyone the trip of driving to the middle of nowhere and basically part 3 of "The Hills Have Eyes."
This statue was there also at the stop like if people are looking to spend that much money at a gas station!

Below: This picture was leaving Phoenix, we got caught up in a sandstorm and NO none of that is photoshopped!



The last two pictures are of "The Thing" tour... it consisted of three rooms that were outside and had a lot of CREEPY stuff like old knives, torture things, giant spiders, and all three rooms were made like sheds... there also were mobile homes behind the gas station and of course there were birds following me and a lot of the bushes and trees were banging against the tin shed. Basically I speed walked most of the tour and felt the whole time that I was going to die! So I get to the last room and I see a sign that says "The Thing" and while I'm thinking that I am going to die I look in to see what thing is...!

It WAS A DEAD person!!!! I basically high tailed it out of there and met up with my buddies! Of course they wanted to know what "The Thing" was and I left them waiting to know for awhile before I revealed it's true identity!
I talked to the gas station clerk and he says that they found it in the hills and that it indeed was real. Either way it makes for a good story and memory and worth the buck that I paid haha!




5 comments:

Allez said...

Did you buy the hat???

IronGambit said...

of course not! :)

Eduardo Arguelles said...

still no tits!! pff WTF

IronGambit said...

that's my "other" blog... but it's a paysite to access type of deal!

331 Miles said...

Great shots of Austin. Not to be a know-it-all, but thought you might be interested: the "Hi How are You" mural is by Daniel Johnston. He is an Austin musician, with a history of mental illness. If you've never heard of the guy, google it and check it some of the craziness. Also, if we ever run into each other at a team ride, I'll tell you some stories about people training for the Danskin. Funny stuff...