Saturday, June 30, 2007

Forest Fires

While we were on our way to Vail, CO we went through some really nice passes and followed some rapids around! There also has been a lot of fires lately and we ran across a small brush fire. I got a few pics of this also.

This garden snake was sliding across the Lacrosse field during the tournament haha!

Here are the pics of the brush fire... If you click on the pictures you can actually see the helicopter getting water with a bucket from the river right in front of the fire! How fortunate for the house that they saved!



The pictures really do not do the fire justice and or the people that worked hard to put it out.



5 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Wow... I couldn't imagine worrying about having the posibility of my home being destroyed by such a fire...

IronGambit said...

yes, luckily that solo helicopter was fast enough to save it!

Allez said...

have you been doing any gps hunting during your trips?

Lance Notstrong said...

Where is LAC? Hey, I had another thought on his name. Since your blog is IG Coast to Coast, like Space Ghost, you could name your "sidekick" Zorak. That was Space Ghost's sidekick. Or just stick with LAC :-)

IronGambit said...

no gps hunting been tooo tooo busy! LAC? I dunno did I mention that? haha :) I'll update in a couple of days I going home for a couple of days!!! :)