Monday, June 04, 2007

Rock & Roll Marathon San Diego, CA

There are a lot of interesting pictures that I took this weekend during the San Diego, CA Rock & Roll Marathon. By the way this marathon and city know how to welcome their runners to a race/run. As soon as you land in the airport at the baggage claim there are ads about the marathon, then while you are walking down the busy streets of San Diego there are plenty of banners lined up hanging off of the lamp posts!I have talked to some friends back home they say the weather has been extremely humid, I will see! I will be in Phoenix, AZ this week for a couple of days and then off to Austin, TX for the Danskin Triathlon! I will be glad to be back in Texas even if only for a couple of days!
Below is a figure that my brother gave to me while I am traveling the U.S. Roads. This little guy will be my personal traveling gnome! He needs a name so if there are any ideas e-mail me or post them on the blog! I will try to take pictures of him in every state that I am in :)
Oh and don't be shy with this! I really want your help!

The pic below says "Don't yell at me I'm just a volunteer!"
This pic is for Lancenotstrong! He crashed on his bike this weekend he needs a good smile!
As I was looking for a place to eat I ran across this very interesting bike rack! Gotta love San Diego!
He ran the marathon like that! I can only imagine!



I just wanted a quick shot, but he busted me taking the picture and he got kinda upset!

Above is the convention center. Below is the after concert pass although I did not attend.
Lance riding the bike rack before the marathon! Check out that aero position!
Overall the event was a great success, I love to see soo many people getting together all with the same passion. Everyone says the same thing, I don't know why I do this!? I punish myself and I PAY to run when I can do this in my own backyard. That's when you wake up the next morning and reflect of all your memories and the experience that you had while you were there and just say... "THAT's why I do it!"

14 comments:

Allez said...

It looks like that guy is humping the bike rack! :-)

Lance Notstrong said...

YOU would go there Allez!!! You have a one track mind.

I need one of those WOW Visa cards, that's cool!!!

I think you should name that little guy Ass-Cock :-)

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like it was fun! Great pics!!

IronGambit said...

Allez: PERV!

LNS: yeah, I thought of you right away so that's why I had to take the pic!

TW: Thanks it's comments like that that encourage me to keep taking photos!

Allez said...

I guess I've been hanging around Lance too long.

IronGambit said...

That's what playin WoW does to you! :)

Lance Notstrong said...

Yeah, a little time with WoW and all your want to do is hump bikes.....or lamps....or legs....or the floor....

IronGambit said...

Piojo doesn't play WoW and he humps bikes all the time!

Allez said...

I would rather hump a bike than play wow.

IronGambit said...

well then let me introduce to my friend... you guys can hang out! :)

Lance Notstrong said...

I like to hump my bike WHILE I play WoW!!! Better yet, maybe I can hump Allez's pink bike!!!

IronGambit said...

Well at least we know that your not a gay bikesexual!

Randy said...

RNR brings back some great memories...but not of the race. The hills in San Diego sucked. But was my first time eating at In-and-Out Burger at about 2 a.m. which rated pretty good in my book. Liked the pics, hoping for plenty more from Danskin.

GP said...

Talk about a good time: you're one great ad for the SD marathon!

Thanks for the Clifshots rec., by the way. I'm actually going to pick some up before this weekend and give them a whirl on my Saturday long-run.

Keep up the good kicking!