Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wisconsin, Pleasant Prarie

Here for another fun and exciting Danskin Womens only Triathlon!
Why Pleasant Prarie or "PP" as I call it?  I don't know!
Either way, the location is a great spot and the weather couldn't be anymore perfect right now!  There are a lot of mosquitoes out, but that's pretty much anywhere that has had a lot of rain lately.
So what is there to do while i "PP?"
The obvious, running,cycling,swimming, and of course a bit of geocaching... but what is "PP" really known for?
JELLY BELLY!
There is not a factory, but only a warehouse... but they have their own train, and let me tell you, there is a large line to get into this place!  (NO JOKE!)
The best part of the tour are the free Jelly Belly's that you get at the end.  The tour was free so we considered going again and again, basically until we were removed from the Jelly Belly premises.
ATL Jelly Belly 027.jpg
ADAM
ATL Jelly Belly 032.jpg
NATE
ATL Jelly Belly 030.jpg
YOURS TRULY,
Yes, I HAD to do the "see" food.

4 comments:

the candyman can said...

Enjoyed your article.....thank you.....in 1976 I invented the Jelly Belly jelly bean,,,,,I am writing a book A Man and his Beans and a documentary is being made on my life which will be released by the end of the year...Costa Botes is making the documentary...he is beyond belief........my blog is www.candyinventor.com the best

331 Miles said...

I like that 'dope kills sport' shirt. Also, the popcorn jelly bellies are very strange. Candy that tastes like butter...

IronGambit said...

Thanks! I got the shirt from Opsal Sports at the Tour of California!

teacherwoman said...

Ummm.. do you have a favorite jelly belly?