Thursday, July 31, 2008

Small Town France...

So like I said before, I wanted to see random small towns and just pull off the autobahns to do some "real" exploring. 
Here are a few more pics:
Germany-France 392.JPG
Germany-France 396.JPG
Mopeds, small cars, and bicycles are EXTREMELY common in Europe.
Germany-France 397.JPG
So are small shops with baked goods !
Germany-France 400.JPG
For the Tour De France peeps.. Des Jeux as most know, is a French Team.  What is Francis Des Jeux?  It is probably the same as a Circle K or comparable to.
Germany-France 401.JPG
Germany-France 402.JPG
Germany-France 403.JPG
Germany-France 411.JPG
Germany-France 416.JPG
That was one of the many but *cheap* hotels that we stayed at that did not have air conditioning.  Again, it was not that big of a deal since they were mostly located at high elevations... the temps dropped so low anyway that with the windows open it made for a great night and an even more beautiful morning to wake up to with a nice little hug from the sun.
Germany-France 417.JPG
As we walked around the small village, there was an art exihit going on inside what used to be a small chateaux.  In the they were playing a European game that I have only seen one other time in the backyard of NYC at Central Park.

5 comments:

331 Miles said...

VERY good photos. Looks like a great time. That game is petanque, right? Small silver ball, and larger balls rolled towards it? Very French!

IronGambit said...

thanks!
That is Probably the name... I am sure that I could google it, but I think I like it more as a mystery for me!

teacherwoman said...

loving all the photos. Glad to hear you are having a good time.

IronGambit said...

TW: I am actually back now, just trying to catch up with ALL of my photos! I am in Denver now for the weekend :)

JT said...

Mmm... baked goods...