Sunday, October 05, 2008

I Know the Way, to San Jose...

san jose.jpg
So I have had my last Distance Race for the Year.  This is the list for the past 10 months.
I count Honolulu , since it was only on December 8  !  :)

  • Honolulu
  • Phoenix
  • Atlanta
  • Nashville
  • San Diego
  • Virginia Beach
  • Philadelphia
  • San Jose

I have also completed every single Rock & Roll event for the year, minus their NEW San Antonio Rock & Roll.  I will not be able to attend, since I will be over seas at the time.

I am glad to look back and have gone from zero running to all of those events!  I have done others such as 15k, 10ks, 8k,s and 5ks.  But to me the one's above have been my biggest accomplishments!  This was a personal goal that I had set for myself at the beginning of the year, but I have to admit that Nate really pushed me and helped me reach those goals.  He is truly a large part of my success while living our lives on the road.

It is also probably a good thing that I am done, since my knee started to hurt me after the Philly half marathon,  and now it DEFINITELY hurts me!!

Maybe when I am in Rome, or Barcelona I'll run 13.1 miles just for good measure, while the San Antonio Rock & Roll is going on!

8 comments:

331 Miles said...

Congrats on finishing so many runs this year (and December last year). Take care of that knee...

IronGambit said...

Thanks!
I am working on that as I am typing!!!

jahowie said...

It's very cool that you have been able to get the runs in with your hectic schedule. I hope that the knee holds out for you.

ncrunner12 said...

Wow awesome job man, too bad about San Antonio though, that would be a great place to run... although Rome and Barcelona could work too.

IronGambit said...

Yeah, I hope my knee works out also. I've iced it and did some stretches. Hopefully that helps!

JT said...

You've really converted into running and come a really long way. Quite an accomplishment!

teacherwoman said...

Okay... now I have that song in my head. Thank you very much.

Way to go with all the half marathons!

IronGambit said...

All of the one's in Red are Full marathons!
Honolulu & San Diego. I am shocked myself!