Monday, August 27, 2007

East Coast Surfing Championships aka ECSC

The surfing tournament was a success.  You could tell that it was really well supported locally from the turn out.  Even the Mayor stopped by to show her presence.
Being one of the sponsors helps the experience also.
We had VIP access to all of the live bands that were playing, free dinners, beer "if" you drink, and the other vendors would shower you with gifts also!
Most of our hook ups were from
and of course I got one of these fine watches ;)
It's funny being on the beach the WHOLE day and the WHOLE weekend, you see a lot of "crazy" stuff!
Below:  This is a picture of a new age pirate

There were plenty of these guys out.  I figured that if there was buried treasure out there, someone else would have found it already.  So I am just assuming that they are looking for items that people have lost :)
Some of the other sponsors ad buses:


Below:  This is the winner from the women's category...
she earned herself a free pair of Crocs.

Below:  Also this was pretty weird to see... a couple of guys were on top of boxes and megaphones telling everyone, that if they did not turn to Jesus they would burn in hell, but as I passed by I saw this girl standing next to him with the exact opposite message.
I don't like to discuss "religion" or "politics" but I just thought that you guys might like to see it.

Later that day, the event coordinator told me that I was a judge for a side event that was happening at the ECSC.

This was the event. "Bikini Contest"

After the event, all of the girls got a pair of Crocs.
This was the first place winner showing off the one's that she chose.

After a long day and weekend I headed to my room and hit the sac. 

Blogged with Flock

12 comments:

Allez said...

Do you only give out free crocs to the girls?

Eduardo Arguelles said...

to the HOT GIRLS i hope! no fatties!

IronGambit said...

no... to the media guys, radio DJs, people of influence. I have to justify my Promos

331 Miles said...

I love the 666 belly marking. Hope she gave em hell. Ha!

IronGambit said...

no pun intended?

Kin said...

Good to see you working hard. Someone has to judge those contests. Thanks for your efforts to make America a better place. [que patriotic music] )

IronGambit said...

I knew that you were a patriot Kin.

jahowie said...

Have I told you lately that you live a charmed life? Nice. :-)

IronGambit said...

um... not lately haha ;)

Lance Notstrong said...

I noticed you aren't wearing a pair of crocs.....why not?

IronGambit said...

those ARE Crocs buddy! ;)

teacherwoman said...

Must be rough!